~Weekend gRound Up 5/11/19~
Idk about anywhere else, here in Washington we had Spring hit us in full force this week and I am LOVING it!! It’s been bright, sunny, warm–all of my favorite types of weather. I just thrive in the sun & heat and it makes me so much more motivated.
I don’t really have plans for this weekend but last weekend was the Bloomsday run, which is a race that’s a HUGE deal here in Spokane, so we went downtown and just hung out to be around it all. We’d planned on running it this year until the house sold, but next year IT’S ON.
Okay right after typing that I looked at my calendar to see that it’s Mother’s Day tomorrow🙃 I guess I do have plans😅
*This post contains affiliate links which means if you purchase any of the products I may receive monetary compensation at NO extra cost to you! Thank you for your support of Carefree & Coffee 🙂
Mug Of The Week:
- How I Keep My Brain Sharp & Entertained
- My favorite WSJ sports writer became a sports parent😂
- Airlines Turn to Doctors With Goal of Limiting Long Flights’ Negative Effects
- I’m actually wearing yellow this year I guess??
- Really cool Q&A with graduating sports journalism students on where that career is headed
- What nail colors are going to be ‘in’ this Summer?
- The Power of Personalizing Your Brand
- Instagram Is Trying to Curb Bullying. First, It Needs to Define Bullying
- The Best Destinations to Travel to in June
- Rounding up my latest Insta looks!
Generally I can’t stand scary things. Scary movies are a MASSIVE no go, but I have a soft spot for Stephen King. Even if it means having to turn every light in the house on in the middle of the day and a night or two of no sleep…
Mr. Mercedes is the start of a trilogy based on the character ex-cop Bill Hodges. No spoilers but after reading this I’m reminded of it every single time I hear an ice cream truck sound👀
There was a huge batch of releases over the last week and fortunately/unfortunately I want to see them all. Hopefully there’s some time for binging in my future! If you have watched any of these already let me know what you thought of them in the comments!!
First up we have the dvd release of The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part. I adored the first one & can’t wait to see if this one is just as cute!
Next, the Netflix overload.
Seriously they just liked dumped a mass amount of new shows & seasons in a short time span. Probably to remind me I haven’t had a good binge in a while.
Here’s my current list based off of the last week:
-Dead To Me (I watched the first episode and was hooked!)
-Lucifer Season 4 (My parents are all over this one)
-The Society (I read a review that described this show as a mix of Riverdale and Lord of the Flies??! I’m so in.)
-Wine Country (Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are automatic must watches!!)