This family recipe for Cinnamon Candy Popcorn has been around my whole life so I suppose I was lucky it was always there at every event.
When we started making it for friends it became requested all the time. Then we started gifting big batches and that still wasn’t enough! We basically had to start mass printing the recipe LOL.
In fact when I baked a batch up for this post it was eaten up before I could finish so I had to make it again a few days later to finish! The only people in my house are people who have had this recipe for 20+years and they still couldn’t help themselves with a batch out on the counter.
*This post contains affiliate links which means if you purchase a product linked I may receive monetary compensation at NO extra cost to you! This helps keep Carefree & Coffee running, and all of your support is so very appreciated!
- 6 quarts plain popped popcorn (I recommend this air popper!)
- 2 cubes butter (Nucoa is my dairy-free go to!)
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 (5-oz) bags Red Hot candies
**it must be Red Hots!! This is the key to the whole recipe! Other cinnamon candies don’t mix & melt correctly. We usually have to go to a dollar store to find them, which is totally weird, but it’s the only in person place that seems to carry them. Amazon is way easier to order from!
- Pre-heat over to 250°
- Pop popcorn and set aside in large bowl.
- In a saucepan combine butter, corn syrup, & candies.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over popcorn and mix thoroughly.
- Spread out over 2 greased large cookie sheets
- Bake for 40 minutes, stirring at 20 minutes & changing pans if on different levels in oven.
- Remove from pans & place on waxed paper to cool.
- Store in airtight containers or plastic bags!