**This post contains affiliate links, which means if you click on a link and purchase the product I may receive monetary compensation at NO extra cost to you.
Happy Foodie Friday!
I generally don’t think of myself as a picky eater-but then meal time comes along and I start taking into account allergies and preferences, and very quickly options get narrowed down until I’m left admitting defeat. There are some staples that I tend to stick with like rice, potato, and chicken so I’ve gotten good at finding never-ending variations on those. This recipe is very much a typical meal in my house because it’s a lot of substance and not a lot of extras. The extras are where we get into trouble with allergies and it’s just SO much easier to not be carefully reading fine print on tons of additions when we can stick to a few ingredients we trust. I know anyone out there who has to deal with allergies them self or for a family member knows how tedious it gets!!
This recipe has a kick so be prepared that the main flavor is buffalo sauce! It has lot of my favorites so it gets made a lot, especially days when bacon is made for breakfast because we make extra and the first ingredient is ready to go that evening. It’s not the quickest dinner since a lot of things have to be cooked separately before being combined but it is still very simple. The steps are easy but it does take a bit of time!
-hot pepper sauce(I use Frank’s RedHot)
3 tbsp plus a separate splash
-2 tbsp olive oil
-4 potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
-1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
-1 cup shredded cheese (I use a goat cheddar)
-1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 450°F and spray an 8×8 inch baking dish with cooking spray. (I love this Pyrex because it has a lid for easy storage.)
- Place chicken and a splash of pepper sauce in a plastic bag and mix around. Use as much or as little sauce as you want for spice.
- Combine 3 tbsp pepper sauce and 2 tbsp olive oil in a second plastic bag and toss in potatoes to mix.
- Let both bags marinate for 10 minutes
- Transfer potatoes to the baking dish or separate coated cookie sheet and bake for 45 minutes. Stir every 10-15 minutes.
- Bake chicken on separate sheet (follow directions on package to make sure it gets fully baked.)
- Reduce oven temperature to 400°F
- Spread chicken over potatoes in the baking dish. Sprinkle cheese and bacon on top.
- Bake in oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese has begun to melt.
While this is technically a casserole it doesn’t really sick together since there is no cream or any binding ingredient. That just means you have nothing but the good stuff to fill you up!!
Occasionally we’ve been on the verge of too spicy, even with using the same amounts of sauce, so be cautious if the buffalo is something you have to worry about with your family.
As always let me know if you try this recipe and what you think of it!
I’ve been listening to the new Ed Sheeran album while editing pics and typing this up and I am such a fan!! Is anyone else out there fangirling over it or using it as a soundtrack for their weekend? If so what are your favorite songs?!
Make sure to follow me on Instagram and Twitter @alisonsteck
Links to all of my social media are on the home page!